So today is the last day of 2014, and I thought I would update you on the great things that happened in my life this year.
2. I helped make a viral video! Never thought it would get as big as it did but I’m really glad it did. Thanks to the internet we raised $20,000 for a really good man. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGo7KfCUGoc
3. I made amazing new friends! I have to be honest, I thought making new friends in the big city would be hard after school, but it is possible!
4. I travelled to Montreal, Philadelphia, Killington VT and Portland OR! Ate good food, ate more good food, went skiing and I went snowshoeing for the first time. Respectively. All amazing places I recommend you visit.
5. I sat across from Neil Degrasse Tyson on the C train. Yes an important life event. No I don’t have pictures because I wanted to respect his privacy. You’ll just have to trust me on this one.
I’m sure I’m forgetting some things, but these are the big ones. No matter how bad things have been in the news, I like to reflect on the things I am grateful for because I honestly never thought I would be where I am today. I have so many good people to thank for their generosity and putting up with me because it made me into the person I am today. I would also like to thank the academy. And God. *Walks off stage.*
Since I didn’t make any resolutions last year, I decided to go all out this year.
1. Shop small businesses. After Cash Mob for Avi, I realized how much small businesses rely on every single customer, so I am actively avoiding the big guys and shopping small.
2. Making lunch at home. I spend a lot of money buying lunch and it would just be cheaper, and healthier, to start making lunch for myself.
3. Catch up with old friends. I am really, really bad at keeping in touch. If you’ve known me and I haven’t spoken to you in years, it’s not you it’s me. 2015 I’m going to try and catch up with people because I have met so many amazing people in my life.
That’s all folks. See you next year!